The Right Choices to Secure Affordable Housing
The Coalition Government is working to keep the great Australian dream alive. There are no silver bullet solutions to making housing more affordable but we are working to help first homebuyers, downsizers and those in need of social housing, by:
- Allowing first homebuyers to save for a deposit in their superannuation, and attract generous tax concessions
- Superannuation incentives for older Australians downsizing
- Funding for homelessness and social housing, especially for domestic violence victims and youth
- Launching tougher real estate rules for foreign investors to make sure they pay their fair share of tax and don’t leave properties empty
- Increasing the CGT discount to 60% for affordable and social housing investment
- Securing new state agreements to require planning reform and delivers affordable housing supply
- A National Housing Infrastructure Fund and Commonwealth Land Bank to unlock land and infrastructure barriers
- Allowing negative gearing to continue for mum and dad investors securing their future and increasing rental housing stock.
The Right Choices to Secure Childcare
The $37.5 billion Jobs for Families Child Care Package will provide more affordable and more accessible child care to one million families.
From mid-2018, the single simplified Child Care Subsidy will provide more support for families who need it the most and abolish the annual cap for families earning up to $185,710. An increased annual cap of $10,000 will apply to families earning above this income.
A Plan for Affordable Energy
- The Coalition Government is securing local access to our local gas resources
- New power generation, transmission and storage capacity, including Snowy 2.0 pumped hydro
- The ACCC will police fair pricing in gas and electricity markets
- More than $3 billion to develop new low emissions technologies